Depends whom you ask. I consider myself a "compassionate conservative", but not far right. But on the issues below, here’s my stances:
- Homosexuality – morally wrong, viewed as a developmental disorder, against gay marriage
- Abortion – against, except to save mother. Not acceptable in rape/incest. Acceptable in all cases before 4 weeks or so.
- Prayer in Schools – indifferent/against
- Limited Govt – for
- Gun Control – for
- Environmental Protection – for "scientific environmentalism" balanced with economic considerations
- Govt support of the arts – against
- Separation of church and state (value systems) – against
- Separation of church and state (power structures) – for
- Approach to sex ed – ABC (Abstain, Be Faithful, Contraception as last resort)
- Evolution as trustworthy explanation of origins – NOT
I took the following tests, with the following results:
- PERSONAL issues Score is 40% (more libertarian than statist)
- ECONOMIC issues Score is 80% (more conservative than liberal)
- Economic Left/Right: -1.00
- Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.38
Damn, that makes me left of center! Funny.
- Social Liberal (63% permissive)
- Economic Moderate (56% permissive)
- You are best described as a: Centrist
- You exhibit a very well-developed sense of Right and Wrong and believe in economic fairness.
- Your scored 0.5 on the Moral Order axis and
- – 3 on the Moral Rules axis
- System: Authoritarianism
- Variation: Moderate Authoritarianism
- Ideologies: Social Republicanism
- US Parties: No match.
- My Score: 24 (just right of center)
So there you have it. I’m just right of center socially, and slightly more libertarian than statist.