As in all heated social and political debates, there is a lot of misinformation, spin, and just plain misunderstandings about the positions and consequences of those positions surrounding the healthcare debate.
I already tried to clarify what I thought were the dangerous misconceptions about Obamacare (10 lies Obamacare told me) and it's potential (and probably real) downsides (see also CNN Fortune Editor Breaks Ranks on Obamacare).
However, I also see that the Obamamachine is trying to demonize and misrepresent the grass roots resistance to Obamacare (Liberals seeking to silence and demonize those who oppose their benighted plan).
I want to set the record straight on some of these issues, because I think that conservatives, some of whom are behaving badly, have good reasons to oppose Obamacare, and it's not for the pejorative motives that some libs accuse them of (some are flatly ridiculous, of course).
10 Misconceptions About Conservative Opposition to Obamacare
- Conservatives want Obama to fail no matter what
- Conservatives want a totally free market system
- Conservatives are against a social program to help the uncovered
- Conservatives only care about money, not the poor without healthcare
- Conservatives are being duped by the Insurance Companies
- Conservatives have no plan of their own, only opposition
- Conservatives are pro-nazi
- Conservative outrage is manufactured and centrally coordinated
- Conservative outrage has no intellectual foundation
- Conservatives are just being racist