The Center for Research on Globalization has posted an article entitled Global Warming: A Convenient Lie, which gives a nice overview of the very real problems with the man-made CO2 global warming claims. I’ve summarized below.
- Earth is not the only planet to be experiencing climate change in our
solar system currently. In fact, many astronomers have announced that Pluto has been experiencing global warming,
and suggested that it is a seasonal event, just like how Earth’s
seasons change as the various hemispheres alter their inclination to
the Sun. We must remember that it is the Sun that determines our
seasons, and thusly has a greater impact upon the climate than we could
ever even try to achieve.
- Important scientists are changing their opinions on global warming. Claude Allegre, a leading French scientist, who was among the first
scientists to try to warn people of the dangers of global warming 20
years ago, now believes that “increasing evidence indicates that most of the warming comes of natural phenomena. There is no basis for saying, as most do, that the "science is settled."
- IPCC decisions are as much political as scientific, and dissent is discouraged. The President of the Czech Republic, Vaclav Klaus said, "It is not fair to refer
to the U.N. panel (IPCC) [as a] scientific institution: it’s a
political body, a sort of non-government organization of green flavor.
It’s neither a forum of neutral scientists nor a balanced group of
scientists. These people are politicized scientists who arrive there
with a one-sided opinion and a one-sided assignment.” And if you are
about to ask why no politicians here seem to be saying this, Klaus
offered up an answer, “Other top-level politicians do not express their
global warming doubts because a whip of political correctness strangles
- Demonization of doubters by the media. In reference to how the media
is representing those who dissent from the man-made theory, Nigel Calder, the former editor of New Scientist, stated,
“they often imagine that anyone who doubts the hypothesis of man-made
global warming must be in the pay of the oil companies”, which is
exactly what I believed up until I did my research. He also wrote,
“Enthusiasm for the global-warming scare also ensures that heatwaves
make headlines, while contrary symptoms, such as this winter’s
billion-dollar loss of Californian crops to unusual frost, are
relegated to the business pages”.
- Man-made GW deniers are now being associated with Holocaust deniers. There are reported cases of scientists who speak out against the man-made theory as having received death threats.
There has even been talk of relating those who speak out against the
currently held theory on global warming as being equal to those who
deny the Holocaust. In a recent op-ed piece in the Boston Globe
commenting on the report issued by the UN, Ellen Goodman wrote,
“Let’s just say that global warming deniers are now on a par with
Holocaust deniers, though one denies the past and the other denies the
present and future.” This is a very disturbing comment, not only
because there is reason to scientifically doubt the man-made theory,
but also because this is a scathing attack on freedom of speech, the
most vital and important of all rights and freedoms.
- Al Gore’s film has created a climate (pun intended) of panic and rush decisions. as Al Gore’s popularity grows and with his recent winning of an Academy
Award for his movie, the issue has spiraled into massive push for quick
action and stifled debate, forcing many scientists to speak out and
challenge the political status quo. A group of scientists recently
stated that the research behind Al Gore’s film and in fact, the concept of greenhouse gases causing global warming, is “a sham”.
- An Inconvenient Truth is being systematically debunked by science. In a storm of scientists speaking out against Al Gore’s movie, an
Australian professor of the Marine Geophysical Laboratory has publicly
stated, "Gore’s circumstantial arguments are so weak that they are pathetic. It is simply incredible that they, and his film, are commanding public attention."
- We are wasting horrendous amounts of time and public resources on global warming. Timothy Ball, one of the first Canadian doctors in climatology, recently wrote an article addressing the issue of why no one seems to be listening to scientists who claim that global warming is NOT man-made….“We are
wasting time, energy and trillions of dollars while creating
unnecessary fear and consternation over an issue with no scientific
justification.” Then he mentions how Environment Canada is spending
billions upon billions of dollars on “propaganda” which defends an
“indefensible scientific position while at the same time closing
weather stations and failing to meet legislated pollution targets.”
- Dogmatism in government funding leads to dogmatism in our research insitutions. Dr. Timothy Ball later wrote, in commenting on the problems that arise
for scientists who speak out, that, “Sadly, my experience is that
universities are the most dogmatic and oppressive places in our
society. This becomes progressively worse as they receive more and more
funding from governments that demand a particular viewpoint.”
- The proposal of global approaches to GW means new global taxes and loss of sovereignty. What is this action that they are planning on taking? The Chancellor of
the Exchequer in the UK, Gordon Brown, soon expected to be the next
Prime Minister after Tony Blair steps down, has publicly called for a “new world order”
to combat the threat of climate change….One major thing being pushed through with little, cancel
that, no debate, is a UN recommendation that we impose “a global tax on greenhouse gas emissions”.
Most people will hear this and think, “Good, polluters need to be
taxed”. Well, this means people who drive cars will be taxed, because
according to Al Gore, when you drive your car, you’re causing global