I’m not a fan of political and religious polemics (really!), but I enjoy hearing Ann Coulter speak – she’s an over the top conservative, and says what many of us only think. She is well known for her solution for radical muslim countries (you can buy this on a t-shirt if you dare):
We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity.
Well, she has a new book out, entitled Godless: The Church of Liberalism.
Human Events, a conservative newspaper, is offering the book free with a subscription, and here’s a snippet from their description of the book:
Though liberalism rejects the idea of God and reviles people of faith, it bears all the attributes of a religion itself. In Godless, Ann Coulter throws open the doors of the Church of Liberalism, showing us:
- Its sacraments (abortion)
- Its holy writ (Roe v. Wade)
- Its martyrs (from Soviet spy Alger Hiss to cop-killer Mumia Abu Jamal)
- Its clergy (public school teachers)
- Its churches (government schools, where prayer is prohibited but condoms are free)
- Its doctrine of infallibility (as manifest in the "absolute moral authority" of spokesmen from Cindy Sheehan to Max Cleland)
- And its cosmology (in which mankind is an inconsequential accident)
Then, of course, there’s the liberal creation myth: Charles Darwin’s theory of evolution.
For liberals, evolution is the touchstone that separates the enlightened from the benighted. But Coulter neatly refutes the charade that liberals are rationalists guided by the ideals of free inquiry and the scientific method. She exposes the essential truth about Darwinian evolution that liberals refuse to confront: it is bogus science.