Some news regarding ex-gay stuff:
- Spitzer Discusses New Book on Ex-Gay Therapy – NEW YORK PSYCHIATRIST Robert L. Spitzer was always a rebel, and his rabble-rousing research alternately made people view him as a hero and a saboteur of the gay rights movement. "I admit, there is something in me that is always looking for trouble or something to challenge the orthodoxy," Spitzer says in an interview published in the upcoming book Ex-Gay Research: Analyzing the Spitzer Study and Its Relation to Science, Religion, Politics and Culture.
- The Lure of Lesbianism – CT has the story of a young woman’s journey into and out of lesbianism. Nice.
- Can Homosexuals Change? – Albert Mohler hosts a show and gives a Christian perspective. He responds to the Dan Savage column in the NYT entitled Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Ex-gay Cowboys (NYT now makes you pay for archived articles :( )
- Mysexcity.com – this new gay-men’s health site is described in a press release as a "novel approach to reach young gay and bisexual men, 31% of whom are estimated to be living with HIV in the United States." It’s got cool interactive flash stuff and good music, and is aimed at being educational. I don’t like all of the messages (it’s a pro-gay site), and I learned about some things I’ve never heard of (GHB?) but probably don’t need to know about, but it is well done.
- NPR Hosts Discussion Of Homosexuality In Public Schools – National Public Radio host Neal Conan hosted a program on February 16, 2006 to discuss the issue of teaching homosexuality to public school children.
- New Study Alleges That Mother’s Genetics May Account For Gay Sons – A study published in Human Genetics alleges that researchers have found that a mother’s genetic make-up may produce gay sons.