Another interesting conservative ‘spam’ letter that I thought I’d share.
This is too true to be funny.Â The next time you hear a politician use theÂ word ‘billion’ in a casual manner, think aboutÂ whether you want the politicians’ spending YOUR tax money.
A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job ofÂ putting that figure into some perspective in one of it’s releases.
- A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
- A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.
- A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.
- A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.
- A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate our government is spending it.
While this thought is still fresh in our brain…
let’s take a look at New Orleans …
It’s amazing what you can learn with some simple division.
Louisiana Senator Mary Landrieu (D)Â is presently asking CongressÂ forÂ 250Â BILLION DOLLARS toÂ rebuild New Orleans . Interesting number…
What does it mean?
- Well .. If you are one of the 484,674 residents of New OrleansÂ (every man, woman, and child)Â YouÂ each get $516,528.
- Or…. If you have one of the 188,251 homes in New Orleans your home gets $1,329,787..
- Or…. If you are a family of four….Your family gets $2,066,012..
Washington , D.Â C – HELLO!Â Are all your calculators broken??
- Building Permit Tax
- CDL License Tax
- Cigarette Tax
- Corporate Income Tax
- Dog License Tax
- Federal Income Tax (Fed)
- Federal Unemployment Tax (FU TA)
- Fishing License Tax
- Food License Tax
- Fuel Permit Tax
- Gasoline Tax
- Hunting License Tax
- Inheritance Tax
- Inventory Tax
- IRS Interest Charges
- (tax on top of tax)
- IRS Penalties(tax on top of tax)
- Liquor Tax
- Luxury Tax
- Marriage License Tax
- Medicare Tax
- Property Tax
- Real Estate Tax
- Service charge taxes
- Social Security Tax
- Road Usage Tax (Truckers)
- Sales Taxes
- Recreational Vehicle Tax
- School Tax
- State Income Tax
- State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
- Telephone Federal Excise Tax
- Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
- Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Tax
- Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
- Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax
- Telephone State and Local Tax
- Telephone Usage ChargeÂ Tax
- Utility Tax
- Vehicle License Registration Tax
- Vehicle Sales Tax
- Watercraft Registration Tax
- Well Permit Tax
- Workers Compensation Tax
(And to think, we left BritishÂ Rule to avoid so many taxes)
STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago…..
And our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
We had absolutely no national debt….
We had the largest middle class in the world…..
And Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
Can you spell: ‘POLITICIANS!’
I hope this goes aroundÂ theÂ UÂ SÂ AÂ AtÂ leastÂ 100Â times
What the hell happened???