My Two Cents (03/16) – Islam3 min read
Islam’s History of Oppression: Well, my first seminary class has started, Church History to 1500 A.D. To supplement the basic texts I am reading, I bought The Decline of Eastern Christianity Under Islam : From Jihad to Dhimmitude: Seventh-Twentieth Century, a now classic text by Bat Ye’or, who coined the words Dhimmitude and Eurabia. I may use this for my 15 page term paper, though i may instead do a report on the pastoral writings of Gregory the Great.
- Ayaan Hirsi Ali infuriates Muslims and discomfits liberals: "Ayaan Hirsi Ali is untrammeled and unrepentant: ‘I am supposed to
apologize for saying the prophet is a pervert and a tyrant,’ she
declares. ‘But that is apologizing for the truth.’ Many liberals loathe her for disrupting an imagined "diversity" consensus: It is absurd, she argues, to pretend that cultures are all equal, or all equally desirable.
But conservatives, and others, might be reasonably unnerved by her dim
view of religion. She does not believe that Islam has been "hijacked"
by fanatics, but that fanaticism is intrinsic in Islam itself: ‘Islam,
even Islam in its nonviolent form, is dangerous.’"
- Former Muslim bride speaks out: She asks, "Is it racist to condemn fanaticism? Once I was held captive in Kabul. I was the bride of a charming,
seductive and Westernised Afghan Muslim whom I met at an American
college….When we landed in Kabul, an airport official smoothly confiscated
my US passport. “Don’t worry, it’s just a formality,” my husband
assured me. I never saw that passport again. I later learnt that this
was routinely done to foreign wives — perhaps to make it impossible for
them to leave. Overnight, my husband became a stranger." Frightening, and all too common.
- Islam and Democracy: Fjordman completes his four part series on Is Islam Compatible with Democracy? "Trying to prove that Islam is compatible with democracy, many Muslims
are forced to twist existing Islamic concepts so that they cease to
retain their original meaning. What remains can hardly be justified
from a straightforward reading of the Koran or the hadith."
- No compulsion in Islam? Fitzgerald says: Islamic propagandists frequently bring out the old chestnut about there
being "no compulsion in religion." Another one did so here recently.
Perhaps he is unaware that in the lands conquered by Muslims they
offered, as Qur’an and Sunnah tell them to offer, only three
possibilities to non-Muslims: death, conversion, or the status of
humiliation, degradation, and physical insecurity known as that of the
- Muslims demonstrate why they shouldn’t be allowed to immigrate into Australia: "NSW Christian Democratic Party leader Reverend Fred Nile says he has
received death threats over his call for a moratorium on Islamic
immigration to Australia." Say we’re a religion of peace or we’ll kill you, again.
Three little puppies? Islamists fail to have The Three Little Pigs renamed. I like this story even more now that I know it offends them. I wonder if the wolf was wearing a hijab?
- Freedom of speech curtailed due to "security problems" – At the University of Leeds, a talk on Nazi and Islamic anti-semitism was canceled because of all of those peaceful Muslims threatening violence.
- Niger’s Chiefs defy Islamic child marriage: Niger’s tribal chiefs have agreed to condemn child marriage, to which the Islamists are not happy with. I mean, if Muhammed could marry a six year old and "consummate" her at 9, why can’t we all? Pedophile prophet, indeed.
- The Third Jihad: The Brussels Journal discusses the history of Muslim aggression against the west, and how the current changes in Europe, esp. the Muslim conquest of Spain, look eerily familiar.