My Two Cents (03/04)
- God and Science – Prosthesis was impressed with the book Science & Grace: God’s Reign in the Natural Sciences, and has a nice review.
- The Secret – An evangelical review of one of the hottest books out reveals that it is merely a recycle of "you are a god, you can create your own existence" theology.
- Family First Conservatism – what does it mean to be a conservative in America? EO argues that it must first and foremost be pro-family, and he has written a 10 point manifesto on it.
- Romney draws fire at Regent – Mit Romney was scheduled as commencement speaker at Pat Robertson’s Regent University, but students objected to his Mormon faith.
- Transgender Prof Fired – an evangelical University fired a transgender professor, who is now suing.
- Creation Museum Opening – AIG, the most prolific and noteworthy of the young earth creationist organizations, is opening its new 50,000 sq ft. creation museum in Cincinnati this Memorial Day. Field trip!
- Street Preaching Adventures – one cool thing about the blog of the Reformed Evangelist are his stories of street preaching and witnessing. I have not done that for many years, but hope to do it again someday.
- Lawsuits are so gay! – A young student in Santa Rosa got reprimanded and a note "put in her file" (the ultimate threat to one’s future at that age) for responding to taunts by using the hate speech "that’s so gay!." Her parents are now suing the school for their whacked out sense of justice and for limiting her free speech. Since the word gay has the common meaning of "something stupid or unfortunate," stemming from a disdain for homosexuality, I think the girl was just using common vernacular. Perhaps we should punish children every time they utter "Jesus Christ!" or "God damn!" or "Holy cow!"