My Two Cents (10/23)
- Gun Control Sucks: Many gun control advocates love to quote lower murder rates to justify disarming us of our right to bear arms. And while murder rates may be lower in states/countries that don’t allow citizens to be armed (but there is contradicting data), rates of assault and armed robbery are as much as 50x greater than in states/countries where citizens can’t shoot back.
- The Dawkins Delusion: Al Mohler has sampled two excellent reviews critical of Richard Dawkins polemic book The God Delusion. Lots of good quotes, including "For mainstream Christianity, reason, argument and honest doubt have always played an integral role in belief. (Where, given that he invites us at one point to question everything, is Dawkins’s own critique of science, objectivity, liberalism, atheism and the like?) Reason, to be sure, doesn’t go all the way down for believers, but it doesn’t for most sensitive, civilised non-religious types either."
- French (Muslim) Youths: Ongoing anti-police violence in France, but the papers keep reporting it as "immigrant violence." Yeah, I wonder which immigrants that could be. Maybe the ones who only respect Sharia law, and not the rule of law?
- Home School Persecution in Germany: Those lovely secularists just can’t stand it when you don’t go with the state program. Now they are jailing home-schooling parents. Do secularists love the state so much that they want to force everyone to support their social engineering programs?
- Islamic Infiltration into the Political Left: Which political party would a radical Muslim join? Paul Belien argues that in Europe, they always join the left party because it is the easiest to manipulate into Islamifying the country, because they are given to the rhetoric of "Islamophobia." What a surprise.