My Two Cents (09/14)2 min read
- Creation/Evolution: On Friday, Michael Medved’s radio show will host Jonathan Wells, author of The Politically Incorrect Guide to Darwinism and Intelligent Design, and Chris Mooney, author of The Republican War on Science. They will debate the science behind Darwinism and intelligent design. I’m gonna listen to it live on KNTS radio in LA.
- Prideful? The Reformed Evangelist has a test for you. Ask God to reprove you and see what happens. Ouch!
- Attacking Rick Warren: Leadership Mag blog has a nice article on the whole hubub about PDL spilitting churches – they don’t answer any questions, but they ask all of the right ones.
- Circumcision: The spate of child sacrifices in Uganda is causing many parents to have their sons circumcized. Why? Because the pagan child sacrifices, thought to bring wealth, can only be done on children whose blood has not been shed. In an even stranger twist, people are blaming the "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" book for inciting the lust for wealth, which in turn is driving the child sacrifice trend.
- Neo-fun Self-Examination: The Neofundamentalist has a nice self-critical post on groupthink in the fundamentalist movement, and why fundamentalism must discard its baggage of unbiblical prohibitions, anti-modern thinking, and non-essential doctrines, in order to become central to the revival of Christian truth. Otherwise, they will stay marginalized. Will they listen to one of their own? Let’s hope so.
- "Fundamentalism is in a similar bondage to its own constellation of group commitments and is rushing headlong toward its inevitable and necessary paradigm shift. Some of its group commitments are no longer valid, even while others are of life-and-death validity. Fundamentalism today is a complex constellation of group commitments with evocative themes and sub-themes that so affect the movement that nearly all of its solutions and judgments are predictably monolithic."
- Theological Triage: Al Mohler has a nice post on determining which docrtrines are central, which are secondary, etc. I agree, but some do not, but The Neofundamentalist believes that this paradigm is exactly what NFs need to become a vibrant part of the coming awakening. I totatlly agree, and am excited to see someone talking like this.