Steve Camp has a great post entitled What Brings Satan Pleasure? that is a must read. His list is right on target. Here are my personal favorites from his list:
- When men of God abandon the preaching of the gospel to become "would be politicians" consumed with the political affairs of men
- When the preaching of God’s Word is substituted with relational anecdotal experience, personal happiness programs, and human potentiality makeovers
- When sin is called sickness; when disobedience is called disease; and when adultery is called addiction
- When irreconcilable differences becomes an acceptable reason to break the covenant of marriage
- When church discipline of sin ceases
Read the whole thing.