I just purchased the Leader’s version of Logos Software 4, and wow! Â I am learning like crazy without even trying. Â Just trying it out, I searched on the term ‘homosexual’ and a bunch of references came up, including one that mentions 1 Timothy 1:9-10, one of the three New Testament passages that refers to homosexuality directly:
1 Timothy 1:9-10 (English Standard Version)
Understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine.
One commentary mentioned that this passage tracks closely with the Ten Commandments. Â I took a look, and here’s the parallels. Â I kept the order the same, and you can see how they roughly line up:
- Thou shalt have no other gods before me > the lawless and disobedient
- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image > the ungodly and sinners
- Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain > the profane
- Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy > the unholy
- Honour thy father and thy mother > those who strike their fathers and mothers
- Thou shalt not kill > murderers
- Thou shalt not commit adultery > the sexually immoral, homosexuals
- Thou shalt not steal > enslavers
- Thou shalt not bear false withess against thy neighbor > liars, perjurers
- Thou shalt not covet > whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine.
What do you think?