Faith and Reason – Link Dump
I have discussed this topic at length in many other posts, but have never gathered the material into one place. Here are some worthy links, plus my thoughts.
Links on faith and reason:
- Faith and Reason: Friends or Foes? (Leader U)
Both Tertullian and Augustine felt that we should use reason to come to
conclusions about faith – that is, though we can’t prove an article of
faith, we can determine sources that are trustworthy, and then employ
and test their ideas in practice. In addition, Augustine said that
reason, unaided by faith, is at best, incomplete, and that faith
actually brings further knowledge, understanding, and clarity to
reason. As I like to say -"Before faith comes, reason is king. After faith comes, reason is servant."
- Faith and Reason (Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
- Faith and Reason: Competitors or Collaborators? (Villanova University)
- On Faith and Reason With Special Reference Toward the Task of Postmodern Apologetics and the Issue of Sensism (Minnesota Apologetics Project)
- FIDES ET RATIO (Faith and Reason) Pope John Paul II
- The Weslyan Quadrangle III – Scripture and Reason (TwoOrThree.net)
- The Atheist’s Caricature of Faith (TwoOrThree.net)
Share your thoughts, post a comment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.