Joe Carter has posted an interesting reflection on lessons learned from the Iraq war. It’s a pessimistic rant on the character of US foreign policy, and not what you expect. I’ve summarized his main points below, but go read the entire article, it’s good.
I no longer believe
- that our reaction to the Vietnam War was an anomaly
- that we can fight wars by proxy
- that Arab nations are capable of sustaining liberal democracies
- that America cares about genocide
- that we have the will to win against global jihadism